As part of the ongoing baby-related Rearrangement Of Our Entire House, I built this shelving unit for our movies. (There wasn’t enough wall space for the shelves we had been using before, so I drew up plans, bought some planks at home depot, redrew the plans to accommodate the sizes I bought instead of what I should’ve bought, cut the pieces down to size, redrew the plans a third time to make up for the one board I cut three-quarters of an inch too short by mistake, and finally hammered it all together. Ta-dah.)

I’m pretty pleased with it — the angles are all more or less square, and the doors open and close just like they’re supposed to. And when we finally filled it with all our movies it didn’t collapse into a pile of ragged sticks and cartoon noises. So I’m declaring it a win.

Photo of Carpentry!